The new same old blog

Howdy readers,
I've been posting to this blog since 2011, and for some time I've wanted to change the website's name to something more descriptive of what this blog is all about: taking photos of waterfalls, old buildings, cemeteries, and anything else I find interesting in the Upstate of South Carolina, Western North Carolina, and surrounding areas.

I changed the name of my blog from "Outdoors In Upstate South Carolina" to "Mark's Photo Travels" several years ago because I felt the new name better described what this blog is about. But I couldn't figure out at the time how to change my blog's website name without breaking the many links to my posts I can see in Google Webmaster Tools and from the Facebook links that show up in my Blogger dashboard from time to time. The number of links to my blog posts has naturally increased since then.

I recently figured out a relatively painless way to make the transition. Unnecessary details follow! I exported my theme and my posts from my Blogger dashboard and uploaded them both to a new scratch blog. I altered the post format in the scratch blog to advise of the change and a link to this site where the body of the post should be. I then renamed this blog from markemark4.blogspot.com to marksphototravels.blogspot.com and renamed the new blog from its scratch name to markemark4.blogspot.com and made it public.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgotten Taylors railroad history: the P&N railroad

First visit to Andersonville Island

Exploring Lyman's Mill History