I dedicated one of my vacation days this week to visit Pinnacle Mountain Falls, a waterfall located off the Palmetto Trail on Pinnacle Mountain near Table Rock State Park in Pickens County. The trailhead is located in Table Rock State Park ($2 admission fee until the busy season, then it's $5) by what is now called Pinnacle Pavilion, formerly known as The Barn. I had the area to myself, so I felt free to give the pavilion a quick looky look. I took a peek in the window, and thought about what kind of events could be held here. Then it was on to the trailhead. I took notice of this sign. I did see plenty of small, nuisance type bees going to and from the waterfall, and a few bumble bees too, but none of them showed any interest in me. The trail is blazed yellow, and easy enough to follow. The trail crosses a dirt road... before descending toward the Table Rock Wesleyan Camp . The camp was greatly obscured by greening trees, so I couldn't capture m...
Comments
Post a Comment